Mechanical Design Engineer
American Robotics is an industrial drone company based in Boston, MA. We are designing and building a cloud-connected, autonomous drone scout for commercial agriculture.
We are seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to assist in the design, fabrication and manufacturing of our unique, industrial-grade drone system and its sub-systems. The mechanical design engineer will work with the hardware and software engineers to design/redesign various elements of our system from concept through manufacturing.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, or related field
- Strong expertise in design, modeling, prototyping and fabrication of parts, assemblies, and systems
- Strong proficiency in Solidworks, or similar CAD software
- Experience in designing, fabricating and testing robotics or automation products
- At least 2 years of experience designing industrial or robotics products
- Experience integrating mechanical, electrical and software components and sub-systems
- Experience with optics, image sensors, and similar precision components
- Experience with small-lot manufacturing and related optimizations
- Experience with system integration and testing, test plan development and execution
- Experience with drones and/or similar autonomous robotics.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please fill out a brief application by clicking "Apply Now" above.