Electrical Engineer - RF & Power
American Robotics is an industrial drone company based in Boston, MA. We are designing and building a cloud-connected, autonomous drone scout for commercial agriculture.
American Robotics is seeking an Electrical Engineer to assist in the development of our autonomous drone system. This individual will lead development on the RF and power sub-systems in our product.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- At least 3 years industry experience working with RF and/or power systems for industrial applications.
- Experience in designing and developing DC power systems for robotics and electromechanical systems.
- Experience designing, developing and working with RF modules and devices for mission critical applications
- Expertise in analog circuit design and switched-mode power supply design, motor drivers and related circuits
- Strong knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout using modern EDA tools
- Familiarity with best practices and test methods for EMC/EMI design and RF design
- Experience working with drones and robotics.
- Working knowledge of thermal design considerations.
- Experience designing hot-swap and system protection circuitry
- Experience with embedded software and programming
- Experience with batteries and battery management systems
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills to guide critical decisions
- Experience working in a small, fast-moving team
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please fill out a brief application by clicking "Apply Now" above.