Director / VP of Business Development
American Robotics is an industrial drone developer based in Boston, MA. We are currently designing and building a fully-autonomous drone scout for commercial agriculture.
American Robotics is seeking a Director / VP of Business Development to lead our business development and marketing efforts. We are looking for a motivated, entrepreneurial candidate with outstanding corporate strategy experience; preferably with experience in agriculture or a related industry.
The Director / VP of Business Development will take a leading role in setting the growth strategy for American Robotics, including characterizing the addressable market, identifying meaningful and appropriate partnerships, and strategizing how we should prioritize our strategic focus, money and human capital and our best path to execution. This is a hands-on role, and you will work independently while collaborating closely with the CEO and CTO to plan, develop, and implement the organization’s overall direction and objectives. You will also work closely with product development, product management, ad sales/ad ops, programming, marketing, finance and legal professionals as part of the day-to-day execution. In addition to strategy, you will create and maintain an active sales pipeline, assist in updating marketing materials, and help marshal strategic and partnership initiatives.
- Has a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Deep understanding of robotics technology, market, and ecosystem
- Ability to quickly size up a market opportunity, strategize business partnerships, and negotiate deals.
- 5 years proven track record in business development or related market
- Excellent organizational skills, with emphasis on priorities and goal setting
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and statistical analysis software
- Superior presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Industry experience in the agriculture sector, including agricultural sales and distribution
- A deep understanding of agronomic science
- Working knowledge or background in supply-chain management
- Experience working in a small, fast-moving team, or startup environment
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please fill out a brief application by clicking "Apply Now" above.